View Profile The-EXP

19 w/ Responses

I really enjoyed this.

I died on Level 9 though :(
Fun game!

This isn't like Shift at all.

This is an amazing game, I love it.
It's a really simple Idea that works really well, I can't wait to enjoy the sequel as much as I enjoyed this one :D

AethosGames responds:

I'm glad you see the differences between our games. I am honored to have a positive review from you.

Amazing game

Love it, nothing more to say.

Dayum

This game reminds me of this game I made... Shore Seige...
Can't you see the similarities?

Coolio-Niato responds:

Dammit EXP, that's between you and me >=3

Cool game

Kind of like a game I played once, Scoramawhatsits or something...

Ahh I'm just kidding. I enjoyed this as much as I enjoyed the first. Frame rate suffered a bit at some points though, which is odd as theres nothign majorly graphics intensive, unless you've used a tonne of filters or something...

Skeik-Sprite responds:

Dozens of filters, and the code is very sloppy and lengthy, lol. I took a lot of the perfomance issues out by increasing the frame rate above what it was.

Thanks for the review, I respect your opinion :D

Decade sends his love

"Love you" - Decade

Nice, but.

One of the problems of having it written by so many authors is the multitude of conflicting styles present is sure to confuse the user, for future tutorial collabs I'd recommend setting some ground rules, for example, function definition.
At one point onClipEvent(enterFrame){ is used (and is bad practice in itself) and elsewhere this.onEnterFrame = function(){ . For the novice user this coudl pose a problem. Also the hodgepodge of AS2 and AS3 should be kept separate.
Other than that it is a noble effort, well done.

Depredation responds:

I know what you mean, i hate coding inside the movieclip, but i can't enforce my coding styles on people ;D. Thanks for the review.

I completed scoregamites in 9 days.

The development, not the completing the levels :p
Which means this will have been in development WAY longer.
I'll personally by eating the face of anyone who cries "Rip Off", this game was excellent. Well done!
Fiddly controls, but with a mechanic this complex (and I can personally vouch for it) it's extremely difficult to come up with a decent control system for somethign like this.
5'd

Perry responds:

Awesome Game

Bit slow to get to the challenging levels, but once you're there it's amazing to play. I actually shouted out once "DAMN YOU SHEEPY!"
Added to my faves :D

I thought i'd be THAT guy

You know the kind, who reviews the game before he could have POSSIBLY have played through it enough to actually have a well formed opinion.
But from what I've played of it so far, I already know it'll rawk.
5'd

Glaiel-Gamer responds:

you bastard

Ouch

We tried to create something different from the usual platform wiggi games.

That hurts me Naito...hurts me in my heart. :p